Re: [OM] OT Classic Cars

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Classic Cars
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 16:36:27 -0600
On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Brian Swale <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My son's Jaguar was a 6-cylinder
>
> Count the spark-plug leads in
> http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=2334     (g)
>
> See the rear view - bottom right image at
>
> As far as I recall, the 12 cylinder Jags 'on song' never had the classic
> exhaust note of the straight 6 motors with their primitive exhaust
> manifold.
> Although, having written that, I'm not at all sure that the twin exhaust
> pipe
> versions sound like the single pipe models which did sound great.
>
> Yes, this model is a comfortable fast tourer, not a zippy racer.
>
> And it has a particular sense of class ....
>
> Ahh.  Forgot y'all lived "over there".  The classifications were a bit
different.  Over there, that was an XJ-6.  But there it's classified as an
XJ and the 4.2 refers to engine size in litres.  (Notice I spelt it the
fussy Yurrupean way...)

The first one I ever drove was an '85, I believe, and belonged to my boss.
That's when I fell in love with the car.  More history here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_xj

--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard