Re: [OM] Awww, poop.

Subject: Re: [OM] Awww, poop.
From: "Larry G. Griffin" <lggriffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 10:02:47 -0800
   John is correct tobacco ash is a light abrasive. I worked for an
   Aerospace company there was an the 'old school' German optics tech
   there. Who said I could use cigar ash to polish the plastic crystal on
   my watch. IIRC I was advised to use the light grey ash as it had burned
   better, and less impurities. I have done that more than once
   successfully.  Another abrasive that comes to mind is Bon Ami cleanser,
   not Ajax, Clorox, or any other. At one time Bon Ami was guaranteed not
   to scratch. I use Bon Ami to clean the road grime off my window shield
   with no ill effects.
   Larry

   John Hermanson wrote:

I haven't had the time to try it yet, but I was advised that buffing the
fogged 8mm element with cigarette ashes can remove fogging.  This advice
by way of a Leica repair group.  I concur, a bad initial coating during
creation.

John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  [1]www.zuiko.com