Re: [OM] Cyber Combat

Subject: Re: [OM] Cyber Combat
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 15:55:36 -0700

> Unless the laptop is very old, you might try creating a live USB stick to
> try the different versions from, Chris. That works very well on most
> machines.

    Goodwill to the rescue!  On the way to a movie today I stopped at the
post office and picked up a package that contained a USB 2.0 to IDE
converter cable with a power supply for using external CDROMs, DVDs, etc.
Had some extra time and stopped at a Goodwill.  $7.50 later I walked out
with a DVD-R/W with power supply and cables.  Came home after the movie and
in less than 5 minutes had a DVD burned with LinuxMint 14.1.

    The converter cable will undoubtedly be well used for scrounging
withwhile files from old hard drives.

    Death to Windows!

Chris