Re: [OM] Noisy spaces

Subject: Re: [OM] Noisy spaces
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 08:06:30 -0500
I do not now nor will I ever, except under extraordinary circumstances, attend
any kind of lecture, service, presentation, concert or otherwise in any New
England church older than ultramodern. The Puritan influence has survived
undiminished regardless of denomination when it comes to church pews. I have
been to two concerts at two different churches of a certain age, one
non-denominational, the other Congregationalist, and I swear my back is still
protesting. Oddly enough, the only New England church I've ever been reasonably
comfortable in was (is) a fundamentalist Christian church, at which we attended
several Christmas pageants years ago because we were invited by the family of a
classmate of Ben's. The church was far too fundamentalist for my taste, but the
congregation was warm and welcoming to both Ben and ourselves. And the pews
were padded.

--Heathen Bob