Re: [OM] HANDGRIP FOR AN OM

Subject: Re: [OM] HANDGRIP FOR AN OM
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 13:27:10 -0700

> > Here's my OM-1n with a CV Bessa handgrip. Fits with no alteration.
> >
> > http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/showphoto.php?photoid=128811
> >
> > Also offers an extra strap lugwhich can offset the droop when using
longer lenses.
> > --
>
> It looks good, Rick.
>
> Now, is there a decent one for the Fuji X100?  I don't need my Unigrip 3
any
> longer (bought at Chuck's suggestion some years ago, for my OM2SP), as it
won't
> really fit the X100 or X10.

    I've been using a Mobilgrip, which is a diecast aluminum grip designed
for those early heavy VHS video cameras.  Seems that there are two types,
one which features a cabled shutter release and one which does not have the
mounting hole fit it at all.  They show up on eBay occasionally and they are
far sturdier than the plastic ones made by Barska.

Chris