[OM] Good service from Fuji

Subject: [OM] Good service from Fuji
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 19:36:28 +0100
Cc: Jayanand Govindaraj <jayanand@xxxxxxxxx>
I have been fortunate in not needing much camera service during the past few
years. My M8 had to go back to Solms back in 2009 or 2010, and I had to have a
bit of discussion with them to get them to honour the UK Passport warranty, but
in the end they did and I got the camera back.

Now my Fuji X100 developed the dreaded "sticky aperture blades" syndrome,
meaning that while the exposure would be determined by the aperture I set on
the lens, say, f5.6, actual exposure would be at f2 (but with the shutter speed
and ISO appropriate for f5.6) thus resulting in massive overexposure.

Fui has 2 years warranty and I bought the X100 in the summer of 2011, so all
was good. I got on the web page of their warranty service in Barcelona,
registered the defect online on 15th January, and downloaded the shipping
labels. The next day a private delivery company picked up the package, free of
charge of course, and during the following days I was able to follow the repair
on Fuji's web site. Finally, it was shipped to me yesterday and arrived in my
office this afternoon. The entire lens assembly was replaced and the camera was
CLA'd. Everything appears to be normal again.

Pretty good service, I'd say.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman