[OM] Return to Point Lobos - Pelicans

Subject: [OM] Return to Point Lobos - Pelicans
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 01:51:10 +1300
Moose wrote
> Last week, we visited with a friend staying in Monterey. Thursday, we went
> to Point Lobos. Given the company, season, light, weather and tide,
> several options weren't available Nevertheless, we had a lovely time, and
> I did get a few shots I like.
>
> I've often seen pelicans flying in close formation, almost touching the
> water, but not caught it at all well before.
> <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=1732>

I must be getting into my dotage. For some weird reason I can't remember
why I shouldn't comment on any Moose images. So anyhow here goes.

It's a wonderful shot of pelicans flying very close to a calm water surface in
order to get surface effect lift ( or whatever it's called), but ...

the shot doesn't look quite real. Almost a plastic effect. Is it perhaps over-
sharpened? I could not find any oversharpening halos.

Thinking back to when Khen Lim left working with AG Schnozz out of
disgust with all the negative vibes when the OMD 5 ( or whatever its moniker
is) first came out, and everybody seemed to be circling at about 40-foot pole
range. And now every other person has one. What a turn-around.

Mine hasn't arrived yet. Maybe some day I'll order one. :-)

More water has to flow under the ridge for me, I have to say. But I'm staying
tuned.

Brian Swale