Re: [OM] images of the verenahof - end of an era.

Subject: Re: [OM] images of the verenahof - end of an era.
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 11:33:19 +0100
Thanks to all who commented and looked, I must admit to being influenced
by Chris Crawfords wonderful images, but I hope I  made my own mark on them.

I have been away - we had the company ski weekend event and although we
don't get to ski much 'cos of the little 'uns we did rediscover the
delights of sledging, Luc as only a 4 year old can was laughing his head
off as we bounced over the bumps totally unaware of the possible danger,
just really enjoying himself as was I (and Kerstin and Cai) - helicopter
parents we are not!

for those interested All photos were processed the same way I seem to do
99% percent of my arty farty pictures these days

Lightroom to process exposure  then highligh and shadow recovery
possible a bit of clarity and some cropping and straigtening, then I
use silver efex pro 2 to convert to BW, usually choosing one of the
presets and rarely making an adjustment to that.

One thing I have noticed is that the OMD seems to allow better shadow
recovery and the Xpro-1 betters it in highlight recovery so shooting to
the right is no longer always optimal.

The rope in this one is actually a power cable,  a year or so ago an
advertising company did some filming there and they used some props, the
chair and slippers are props that got left behind as I assume are any
other items in the images, including the broken chair and broom. I did
not move or rearrange any items.

On 18/01/2013 23:37, Frank Wijsmuller wrote:
> The one with the chair and the rope. Suicidal...

The marble column is actually a wood burning stove, made mostly from
stone to act like a giant storage heater, we have a seat version in our
house which got converted to electric - we would like to convert it back
at some point as it takes two days to reach temperature using electric
so rarely gets used.
> Very nice.  I that a marble column in #4?  No photos of the outside?
>
> Chuck Norcutt
I have posted some pictures of the outside before such as these, however
I don't have a shot of the whole building which I will try and rectify
this week.

<http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/Portfolio/2012-FFFFMonochrome/25939481_wj2NdT#!i=2184244984&k=NQDjzXt>

<http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/Portfolio/2012-FFFFMonochrome/25939481_wj2NdT#!i=2164483088&k=6TRLPCH>

Ian W