Re: [OM] The book - was Coffee Espresso Machine.

Subject: Re: [OM] The book - was Coffee Espresso Machine.
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 09:51:47 +1100
Yes - because it's print on demand - self-published - and that was as much a
commitment as writing it. And there'll be more under the 'Stealing Souls'
imprint as well. I'm working on the companion TLR Compendium at present and I
hope to follow that with volumes on special purpose cameras and weird cams.
Also I may want to write one with a co-author or two in future or even just
edit so I thought it was sensible to style the marketing in this way. This one
is wide and shallow but I know people with very deep knowledge in specific
areas so some shorter 'collector's guides' may be an option. But I take your
point and I have changed the signature line to 'Author/Publisher'.

I did consider publishing as a .pdf for ebay sale with online delivery but
frankly I'm a hard copy fan myself and I'm paranoid about being ripped off
digitally. A .pdf is just too easy to copy. I considered Kindle but Amazon
hasn't worked out any sensible way to pay anyone in Australia ("We'll send you
a check if and when we feel like it and after we've subtracted 30% for US
tax"). I couldn't even organise payment to my UK account ("routing number -
what's that?" said my bank). Blurb just sends money to my Paypal account every
time it exceeds a certain, fairly low amount. How sensible. Barnes and Noble
may be a possibility but I haven't really explored them. Amazon seem arrogant
and insular from out here. I asked them if they'd Paypal but the silence was
impenetrable.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com