Re: [OM] I need Powerball

Subject: Re: [OM] I need Powerball
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 12:13:40 -0800
On 1/16/2013 2:36 PM, Paul Braun wrote:
> Now that I've got the E-M5 and the E-1 and I'm starting to push myself to
> actually use them daily, I've realized that I really need a good tripod.  I
> think the one I've settled on is the
>
> Manfrotto MK294C3-A0RC2  carbon-fiber unit with the ball head.

I'm using the 190CXPRO3. It's a little shorter and lighter than the 294. The
shorter part is crucial for me, as It
allows it to fit in my suitcase.

It's probably less stable/sturdy than the 294, but the E-M5 and its lenses are
light. So far, I've found it to be quite
suitable. The other thing it has, which the 294 does not, is the center column
that flips sideways, which I've found
pretty useful. Together with a ball head, or a Manfrotto 3D head, it allows
angles impossible with a regular tripod - at
least without ChrisT style additions. :-)

Stable Moose