Re: [OM] : Re: TOPE2 -totally off topic - now coffee

Subject: Re: [OM] : Re: TOPE2 -totally off topic - now coffee
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 08:34:12 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

> > A filter machine maybe, but even they cost too much to run IMO
>
> I would recommend the AeroPress. They retail for about $30 USD, but
> you can find them for as low as $20 USD. It's a passive device and
> requires that you have the hot water from another source. But
> man-o-man, does it make a killer cup of coffee. Just by altering the
> amount of grounds, the steep time, extraction pressure and water
> temperature, you can fine tune to your heart's desire.
>
> I mean, like Dude, seriously, buy one of those before anything else.

     I've been using a 2-cup French press for years now, and it makes far
better coffee at home than any other method I've tried.  They are sold at
Starbuck's as well as Cost Plus and other outlets.  They have a glass vessel,
stainless steel parts, and a hard plastic handle.  They are very durable and
can be fully disassembled for cleaning.  They generally cost around $20, and
there is a larger 5-cup version.

Chris