Re: [OM] TOPE2 sort order (was "Re: Pfui!")

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE2 sort order (was "Re: Pfui!")
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 15:29:31 -0600
> By default it seemed to order by filename IIRC.  I guess it has to do
> something by default.  The good news is that once the sort order is changed
> to manual it seems to apply globally (i.e., to all albums).

I don't think I like any particular solution to this. If I have it set
in popularity order then the same people tend to stay on page one.
With the alphabetical order, it's easier to find a particular
photographer. This, of course, has to do with the top level
directories. What a person does in his/her own gallery is their own
business.

> Speaking of which, I am experiencing some buggy behavior with one of my album
> "highlight" thumbnails.  I keep trying to change the "highlight" thumb to a
> particular photo, and it seems to work and them later when I come back, the
> program has reverted to the first photo in the album for the "highlight"
> thumbnail.  Maybe Ken will look at this in his copious free time.

I've experienced this once before. Not sure, at the moment, what is
causing it. I'm sure I've got some obscure setting in some buried menu
flipped the wrong way. But, I'm usually pretty good with obscure
things, according to Moose.

Got some new tennis balls for my walker today, so it might be tomorrow
night before I get a chance to look at this.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx