Re: [OM] Site popups

Subject: Re: [OM] Site popups
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 12:06:16 +1300
Chris wrote

> Well done, Philippe.
>
> There is something about Google applications that bothers me.  Settings
> change without my knowing; some applications work while others don't;
> Chrome is sometimes very slow (opening a new tab with Cmd-T can take up to
> 5 seconds); and Google+ is, for me, a difficult environment to understand;
> finally Google's interface looks odd, presumably in an attempt to look
> modern and clean.
>
> So I use the facilities of Google (which are good, and free) without the
> interface, if I can.

Chris, I suspect that if you knew the degree to which Chrome corresponds
with Google HQ even while you type, you would be horrified.

For example note ( and this happens even in Firefox) as you type in
characters for a search, it checks where you have got to and offers
searches that others have done. Also, the typescript doesn't get entered on
the search line as you type, as it would with a word-processor. There is a
delay while ( goodness knows what) communication takes place.

Some of these utilities are too smart for our good.

Brian Swale.