Re: [OM] Dunderhead Redux

Subject: Re: [OM] Dunderhead Redux
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:31:55 -0800
On 1/11/2013 5:23 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Okay, so all my gallery photos were different sizes, and gave different sizes
> when expanded. So in a fit of lunacy I deleted my album and now, even logged
> in, etc., I can't find anything that will allow me to upload a new photo, or,
> preferably, to create a new album. Or is it one album per member?
>
> Blech! (at me, not the galleries)

Why not at the galleries? It's a good gallery, but not (as yet?) perfect. Why
should you have to adjust to its
idiosyncrasies? Logically, you should be able to wipe your slate clean and
start over again.

I designed some user interaction systems. One thing I learned is that following
through on the common sense expectations
of ordinary users makes a huge difference in acceptance and a decrease in
support requirements. BTW, the MS standard of
endless levels of menus drives ordinary folks crazy.

Another thing to remember is that it's not instant - and prevaricates about it.
When I registered, I got a response
screen that said I could now log in and do things. Not true, as it turned out,
so as I tried to log in, I got several
that I had caused a database error.

Wait a few minutes, get the registration email, complete registration, wait a
couple more minutes, to let it digest, and
log in works.

AG, this is not a complaint, just a 'how it actually works' for those who have
trouble.

Patience Moose?