[OM] TOPE: Misty Goat

Subject: [OM] TOPE: Misty Goat
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 06:54:57 -0800
Wow. After some years of doing mostly documentary photography, I actually went
out and just took some fun shots the other morning!

:::: There is a difference in the whole cast of life, the fundamentals, between
those who live close to the land and those who don't. I can find no better word
for it than alienation -- not only of the young but of all ages -- of those who
have been sold the idea that all our tomorrows will be paved with blacktop and
managed by the technicians. It is a tragic alienation because all our
yesterdays, our todays and all our tomorrows are strung on the same cord of
conditions that can't be much altered if we are to go on living. Basic to those
conditions are the earth, the air, and the water. Alienate yourself from these
and you have lost all basis for understanding life itself. -- Hal Borland