Re: [OM] MFT crop factor question

Subject: Re: [OM] MFT crop factor question
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 12:45:36 -0600
Paul,

I have not had any experience with the MFT cameras, but do use the original
E-1 and the E-510, so I am familiar with 4/3.  It is my understanding that
the crop factor of the two are the same, a factor of 2, with the big
difference being that the MFT cameras, without the space occupied by the
mirror, permit the use of lenses with shorter "register", or distance from
the lens to the sensor.  Hence, MFT cameras, with the appropriate adapter,
can use Leica-M lenses, which are too short for use on the original 4/3.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA