[OM] Autostitch on the iPhone

Subject: [OM] Autostitch on the iPhone
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 23:34:59 -0600
Just to give you an idea of how much fun you can have with just an
iPhone and Autostitch, this is a pano I shot earlier this year of the
Nettle Creek Aqueduct and spillway on the old I&M Canal just outside of
Morris, IL.

IIRC, I shot three overlapping rows of probably 9 photos each, dumped
'em all into the app, and let it work its voodoo.  Aside from cropping
the uneven edges, I've done nothing else to this photo. I'm trying to
find an app for the Mac that works this easily and nicely, but so far,
no luck.  The Autostitch people recommend something called Autopano Pro,
I think, but it's $140.  I'd want to make sure it worked as well.

I've got something called Panorama Maker 5 that came in a software
bundle, but the first group of 15 shots I threw at it made it choke, so
it's not off to a good start.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31703602@N06/8316232661/

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard