Re: [OM] PSTCRD: Paris as usual - Frank

Subject: Re: [OM] PSTCRD: Paris as usual - Frank
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 20:24:10 -0800
On 12/19/2012 1:51 PM, philippe.amard wrote:
> Le 19 déc. 12 à 22:40, Frank Wijsmuller a écrit :
>
>> Very nice! The last is for Nathan I presume?
>>
> I'm unsure about this, Nathan wouldn't drink ICE COLD BEER,
> and certainly not after tasting lukewarm Newcastle Brown Ale in Bath ;-)

It's been 35 years since I've had that beer in the UK. At least with the import
stuff, I'm over it. There are better
domestic brown ales.

Actually, now that I've spent months around my beer nut son, I seem to be
moving away from browns, anyway.

Last night, I had my sons on either side of me, so lots of beer talk whizzed
past my face. :-) The Green Flash West
Coast Ale on tap didn't seem as good as the bottled version. They also had
something with Matilda in the name, and I
sampled out of their glasses.

Didn't do much for me, but the wonder of the web tells me it was Goose Island
Matilda, a Belgian style ale out of
Chicago, that gets great reviews and has won many medals.

Oh, well, lots of family company and chatter, food and a pint before may have
compromised my palette. Or maybe it's not
for me.

Beery Moose