Re: [OM] Windows international keyboard codes,

Subject: Re: [OM] Windows international keyboard codes,
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:58:54 -0800
On 12/13/2012 11:06 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
> These international symbols are more often refered to as "diacritics" or
> "diacritical marks".

That is not a correct definition. "*diacritical mark* - a mark added to a
letter to indicate a special pronunciation"

In the Western, Latin derived alphabet, usage is straight forward, as almost
all diacritical marks are simply added
above or below the letter the pronunciation of which they modify.

The special characters being referred to here are a combination of letters with
added diacriticals and non letter symbols.

> If anyone is interested, I made a PDF document for
> myself years ago that lists these plus symbols that can be obtained by
> simply using the ALT or ALT+CTRL keys plus the number pad.  Most laptops
> lack a number pad but you can use the FUNCTION and ALT keys on those.

I'd find that useful.

Pedant Moose