[OM] Way OT -- Global warming, was: Air-source Heat Pump?

Subject: [OM] Way OT -- Global warming, was: Air-source Heat Pump?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 18:38:00 -0500 (EST)
CN writes:

>>So even if the climate is deterministic at the deepest level (assume
we
>>understand the quantum state of all the particles in the universe)
the
>>climate models do not and cannot take account of it and are therefore
>>still trying to fathom a chaotic system.  After all, they still
haven't
>>accounted for the fluttering of myriads of butterfly wings in Jim's
and
>>Mike's gardens.  :-)

Some complex systems do lend themselves to modeling using concepts
derived from chaos theory.
I believe the turbulence in the tip vortex of an airplane wing  for
example could develop through a "strange attractor." I used to enjoy
looking at my PC struggle to  plot a Lorenz's strange attractor
not because they had any direct  use to me but they looked cool and
resembled butterfly wings.

I have it on good authority that the "Butterfly  Effect" or high
sensitive to initial conditions in regards to deleterious changes in
the climate is solely due to Jim's butterflys' extra fluttering from
being strangely attracted to red dots.  He should tell them to knock it
off.

Not my Fault, Mike