Re: [OM] IMG: Thoughts About Infrastructure

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Thoughts About Infrastructure
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 20:22:31 -0600
Hi Don,

They normally use a telescoping hot stick to lower the link, then replace
the fuse wire and hang it in place so that it can be snapped up with a quick
thrust of the hot stick.  However, after the last "blow", during a steady
rain, they were not happy with the way it closed.  They placed a bucket
truck alongside the pole and made some sort of repairs, all in the rain.
That takes a steady hand and knowledge of what NOT to touch.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA