Re: [OM] (OT) More Dancing

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) More Dancing
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 14:34:38 -0500
Gracias! She's not a very tense person, and this wasn't her first time in front
of the camera, but it was her first time trying to get a really good shot for
some of her upcoming publicity. I'll look back through the images and see if I
can see where there's a more natural expression on her face. I've got 200+, and
I've posted only a few, and none of the images she picked for her publicity.

I like the idea of dry-firing for a while. There's definitely a rhythm that
develops in the course of a shoot. Even as a rank novice I could feel things
begin to loosen up as time went on.

The good news is that she's going to do more dancing, etc., for me in the
future, using some of her other costumes and routines. I'm particularly
interested in what contemporary belly dancers call "tribal" dance, which is a
modified belly dance with more interesting costumes. I would have thought it
might be more closely related to Native American stuff (including Native South
American), but it's not. Or it can be, but that's not the point. I'm also
interested in shooting her doing more native Argentinian dance, such as Tango
and Samba. I asked if she had to have a partner for that and she didn't seem to
think so. <g>

--Bob