Re: [OM] OM-2 Mirror lock-up problem-f/u

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2 Mirror lock-up problem-f/u
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 13:43:18 +0100
Le 23 nov. 12 à 04:51, usher99@xxxxxxx a écrit :

> Battery Powered Moose writes:
>

>> Almost certainly the batteries. The symptoms are exactly right. Fine
> on low
>> drain tester or battery check light
>
> Thanks for thinking about it.
>
> Bah, I was hopeful for an easy  fix that made perfect sense, though
> the
> cam had been much more tolerant in the past of borderline 357's.
> Brand
> new 357 (real high drain type) put in and voltage checked to be
> sure---still MLU but now every 3rd time or so (slightly better)--
> burned
> a bunch of film and tried some patience. Read an older Moose post
> about
> holding 2nd curtain open is the high drain operation and that
> sometimes
> worth stretching the spring in the battery compartment gently and
> clean
> the contacts to be sure of excellent contacts.  Did all the above and
> still in a pickle.  Even had trouble with my T32 firing in a flash
> bracket hooked up by Connector type3 and TTL cord--that has never ever
> ever happened before though the gear is older now.   This OM-2 had
> never dropped the ball for me ever and it was CLA's not 6 months ago
> with only the 2nd roll of film in it since then.  Haruumph. Resistance
> in circuit somewhere?

I wouldn't like to be a bird of bad omen, yet, what you describe
happened to me along with the inability to shoot at higher speeds on
an OM2n - the conclusion was circuitry indeed, and the guys wouldn't
bother to repair it here, no parts they said.
That's how I "dropped" the camera only to get back into the Oly fold
with the E400 five or six years ago.

Crossing my fingers for you.

Amitiés
Philippe