Re: [OM] OT: Very Exciting Medical News

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Very Exciting Medical News
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 09:36:40 -0500
  I saw that as well and it is interesting. The devil is in the
details of course. I'd be interested to know if these dogs had
transecting lesions of the spinal cord or a simple bruise of the cord.
I have seen a number of dogs (mostly Dachshunds) who suffered
non-transecting cord injuries (usually from herniated disks) who had
lower extremity paralysis for months/years and spontaneously regain
function with no treatment. Perhaps the stem cell treatment augments
the natural recovery process. Hope it works out because there is a
long line of need.

Charlie