[OM] (OM) Spring flowers

Subject: [OM] (OM) Spring flowers
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 14:32:15 +1300
Wayne, Jim and Chris, thanks for your comments.

Chris, that photograph of the rhododendron is the best I have done of that
colour.

In the last couple or so years I have discovered that a certain hue of red (or
zone of red) in tulips, roses and rhododendrons is the very devil to
photograph. The red colour seems to bleed all over the place.

I don't understand it, but I do seem to recall Moose writing about it several
times some years back, with a cure ... :-)

Thanks for the feedback Chris on suitability of that image size.

I note again that this series was also a test of hand-holding the camera with
a macro lens. I'll do more, maybe this week or so, but use a tripod and
compose more seriously.

Brian Swale