Re: [OM] IMGS: Kids in Caps

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Kids in Caps
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 01:35:56 +1300
Tina wrote

> PESO:
>
> I've gotten back to scanning my Kodachromes from Guatemala.  My LS5000 was
> at Nikon for repair for awhile.  It's back now, but my SF-210 bulk loader
> is now broken :-(   Here are some I managed to scan before it broke:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/147179202

> C&C would be greatly appreciated.  I have several thousand more to go.
> I'm looking for another SF-210.  Without it, I can scan 20 slides a day.
> With it, I can scan 20 slides an hour.
>
> Tina
I feel uneasy about commenting on Tina's work - feeling that I'm in the
position of a kid about to tell his grandmother how to suck eggs.

However, if those were my scans, I'd be concerned.  In my opinion, the
colours are much over-saturated - especially the shirts and hats of the boys;
and the skin-tones of the boys and girl seem to be all wrong. OK, I have
never seen this race in the flesh, so to speak, but there seems to be an
unreal degree of colour variation, and maybe reflection of sky. Don't know.

May I suggest to try again?

Brian Swale