Re: [OM] The Mighty have Fallen (in price)

Subject: Re: [OM] The Mighty have Fallen (in price)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 22:13:02 -0700
On 11/2/2012 2:43 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Not more than 4 years ago I saw some listed for >$700 though many sold
> for about 1/2 that.
> It performs well on my OM and OM5DII stopped down especially with a
> bean bag or other very stable set-up.
> Probably underappreciated--I know Jeff K likes it too and CH too though
> its bokeh is nervous.
>
> 400335384705

(OM Zuiko 50-250)

Were I still shooting OM and film more than very sporadically, I would still
stick with the Tokina 50-250 or Tamron SP
60-300. Both excellent lenses with much closer focus than the Zuiko.

Of course, most of my OM stuff just sits now. If that means I'm a collector,
instead of photographer, perhaps the Zuiko
would be a superior performer on the shelf. :-)

Collected Moose