Re: [OM] Thinking of taking the plunge....

Subject: Re: [OM] Thinking of taking the plunge....
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 22:35:20 -0700
On 11/1/2012 8:46 PM, Paul Braun wrote:
> OK, there seems to be a lot of good reasons to look at an OM-D.  ...
>
> Question - to use the MF Zuiko glass - do I use the OM-4/3 adapter on
> the lens, and then that assembly into the MFT adapter?

There are many different adapters to MFT. For 4/3 lenses. There are a series of
three Oly adapters (someone already
described them in this thread) that connect 4/3 to µ4/3 both mechanically and
electronically. They are not inexpensive.
If you already have an OM to 4/3 adapter, you could then use that on the front
of the 4/3=>µ4/3 adapter.

There are also much simpler adapters that mechanically connect OM lenses to
µ4/3, sold by Oly and many others, as I
described a post or two ago. They range from expensive to cheap. I suspect you
could get a decent one for under $30.

If you don't REALLY need to use 4/3 lenses on µ4/3, option 2 is much cheaper.
Personally, I would choose that option and
use the savings toward a native µ4/3 lens, for size, weight and focus speed.

M. F. T. Moose