Re: [OM] SANDY SPARED US

Subject: Re: [OM] SANDY SPARED US
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 15:08:48 -0400
  Interesting info Ken, thanks for sharing. In this hurricane prone
area, that is absolutely why I retain a land line and a simple Bell
System phone that plugs in the wall and requires no separate power
supply. I also use it for long distance calls even though it costs me
extra: I *hate* talking long distance on cells. That 1/4 second delay
drives me bonkers. There is also no comparison in the fidelity. I can
recognize voices on the land line. On the cell I have to ask even my
mother "Who is this?"

Charlie