Re: [OM] Thinking of taking the plunge....

Subject: Re: [OM] Thinking of taking the plunge....
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 11:05:15 -0500
Actually, I kinda like that idea.  I can sell off the OM2n, the OM4Ti and
the T45 and maybe the T21 and put that towards the E-M5 body and the MFT
adapter.  Keeping the E-1 as a backup does sound sensible.

I've been reading several forums where guys are shooting concerts with
E-M5's and getting just as good or better results than the Canikon guys.  A
lot depends on the glass...

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > OK, after doing some reading, I would think that the standard 4/3 lens
> > wouldn't fit on a MFT mount.  I'd be OK with a purpose-designed lens.
>
> It fits with the 43/m43 adapter. Other than some minor focus speed and
> weight/balance issues, there should be no problem using your 43 glass.
> In fact, this gives you the distinct advantage of keeping the E-1 as a
> backup and as your high-risk camera.
>

> > Any experience with flash - would my FL-50 be compatible?  That would
> keep
> > overall cost down...
>
> Yup. Totally.
>
> For you, I would 100% recommend the OM-D or the GH3.
>
> --
> Ken Norton
> ken@xxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.zone-10.com
> --

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard