[OM] IMG: Long-Tailed Skipper Butterfly (Not a Moth)

Subject: [OM] IMG: Long-Tailed Skipper Butterfly (Not a Moth)
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 21:39:43 -0400 (EDT)
Flying Moose writes:

>I imagine there are similar characteristics for butterflies.

Yes, indeed.  On first trip out with NABA  there were tons of Monarchs
and Viceroys. Flight patterns clearly different though not 100%
reliable.  Sharon knows the host plants, what is flying
at the time and what isn't as well as what field marks to look for or
what are not there on the look -a -likes.    She isn't stingy  in
explaining  how she does it but it is
just a daunting task.  She offered to have a "Skipper Class" but not
infrequently they are drab little critters and this is  not first on my
list.

One step at a time, Mike