Re: [OM] (OM) OT Food

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Food
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 17:21:11 +0000
Thanks, Tina; I read that a while ago, but I shall enjoy doing so again.

I wouldn't presume to judge you or your wealth, Tina.   Energy in the USA is
far cheaper than in the UK, but also the Aga here has a certain cachet affected
largely by the wealthy.  On the other hand during my childhood around 40-50
years ago I stayed often at a farm in Kent where the Aga was the centre of the
large house, always on, nearly always cooking something.  But a small farmer is
unlikely to be able to afford the gas or oil bill now.  I filled my oil tank
last month, buying 900l for GBP560 (or something close) . . .

Chris