Re: [OM] Camera bag getting a little heavy?

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera bag getting a little heavy?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 10:15:51 -0500
> The meaning of photograph is well-understood by most people on the
> planet to not include structural modification or re-arrangement of the
> captured reality. The implication of some form of authenticity must be
> retained. This is very different to, for example, altering contrast or
> colour hues.

OK, then we have a problem with Moose's latest abstract photograph. Is
it a photograph? Yes. Is it authentic? Knowing Moose, the answer is
believed to be yes. Does it include structural modification or
re-arrangement of the captured reality? In-camera, yes.

Whether it's done in-camera or in-computer doesn't really matter too
much, does it? As to the darkroom, I'm not skilled at it, but I can do
a ton of manipulation in the darkroom that doesn't look at all like
the original. And it's not just tonal and contrast adjustments.

I've got the concept for a set of images which will require a serious
mind-stretching to accept as photographs. Let's just say that it
involves the destruction of multiple rolls of film.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx