[OM] IMG: Monday Butterfly

Subject: [OM] IMG: Monday Butterfly
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 23:26:38 -0400 (EDT)
Nice butterfly. If I had said I spotted one around here a few years
ago, I would have been told I was hallucinating. There were zero
spotted 2000-2008 in Massachusetts then B'fly enthusiasts were all
aflutter when few reported sitings appeared. Last year's mild winter
may have played a role. This year there were some not 4 mi from my
house.
Unlike tiger swallowtails that look similiar they tend to flutter while
nectaring and are thus less cooperative for slow photogs like me.

http://harvardforest.fas.harvard.edu/news/new-study-massachusetts-butterflies-responding-climate-change

Manual focus macro Mike