Re: [OM] IMG: Lucca Amphitheater

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Lucca Amphitheater
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 09:28:44 -0400
Thanks, Joel.  It was an amphitheater in Roman times
http://www.italyguides.it/us/italy/tuscany/lucca/squares/piazza-dell-anfiteatro.htm

The *amphitheatre*, built as the centre of entertainment outside the Roman
town, is today the centre of town life and the very symbol of
*Lucca<http://www.italyguides.it/us/italy/tuscany/lucca/lucca.htm>
*. It is a unique elliptical-shaped plaza, theatre of the life of the
citizens of Lucca, closed in an embrace of medieval houses and, in spite of
the passing of the millennia, is always alive and witness to innumerable
changes.

We enjoyed a good meal there and watching the people.

Tina

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 9:14 AM, Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I like the way the buildings lean in on the left. I'm afraid someone
> will try to convince you to "correct" it.  Is there an actual
> amphitheater there, or is that a metaphor for the visual effect in the
> image?
>
> Joel W.
>
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012, at 07:46 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
> > PESO:
> >
> > This was one of our favorite places in Italy, in spite of all of the
> > tourists.
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/146596133
>
> --
> http://www.fastmail.fm - mmm... Fastmail...