Re: [OM] Need car buying advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Need car buying advice
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 21:17:40 -0500
Boris and Natasha,

It's a minefield out there. It is almost certain that you will get screwed.
The fifth is the amount on the invoice that comes with the car, what the
dealer will show you when he is running  one of those "all cars under
invoice" promotions, where  you are expected to believe he loses money on
every sale. There are many ways that that price is reduced to the dealer, 2,
4 are some of the ways that the price to the dealer is reduced by the
manufacturer. I'm not sure what they mean by three, but I believe that
refers to the fact that the dealer buys his cars on time just like the poor
saps that buy from him. Where you have to borrow money from modern day
highway robbers, he borrows it from a bank. Where I live, that's called a
floor plan, and he is indeed a motivated seller when something has been on
the floor too long.

I would just decide what the car is worth to you, and stand firm. It worked
for me once. Oh, and from sad personal experiences, don't buy German or
French made cars.

Bill Pearce