Re: [OM] That Sinking Feeling

Subject: Re: [OM] That Sinking Feeling
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 15:40:06 -0400
I'd go for the 8 foot counter with double sinks.  The expense of the
additional plumbing is really minimal.  I'm assuming you didn't get
cabinetry to go with the sinks thus your concern about cost of
cabinetry.  But "cabinetry" can be really cheap too.  How about a 1x3
nailed to the back wall to support the rear of the countertops and a
12-18" slice off an 8' piece of fir plywood to support the front.  The
plywood can be fastened to 2x3 blocks fastened on the end walls.  The
plywood doesn't have to go to the floor... just tall enough to hide the
plumbing from most viewpoints.  Store your chemicals in jugs on the floor.

The real challenge for me would be not making an unsightly butt joint
between the 2 countertops.

Chuck Norcutt