Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Visit

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Visit
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 21:07:35 +0100
A fellow student did just that, back in around 1978, while on the Tactical
Weapons Unit at RAF Brawdy in south Wales.  He walked around the business end
of a Hunter's jetpipe as it was lighting up and got his face burned for his
carelessness.  It's not as if a big Avon turbojet doesn't give due warning: the
purging whine, the fizz of the rocket fuel to turn the starter and then the
grunting rumble of the engine lighting . . .

Chris