Re: [OM] 1917 as seen by Centre Pompidou Metz - a glimpse of ...

Subject: Re: [OM] 1917 as seen by Centre Pompidou Metz - a glimpse of ...
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 13:30:57 -0400
One of my grandfathers rode a Harley-Davidson like that during the war. He was
a motorcycle messenger. The only story he ever told me about that time was when
he left the front to take a message to HQ in the rear, and upon returning with
a reply, saw a new row of helmets hanging on pegs outside the bunker. All the
helmets had spikes on top of them. He managed a swerving, sliding getaway in a
hail of gunfire.

--Bob