[OM] Packed and only a day behind Joel

Subject: [OM] Packed and only a day behind Joel
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 17:47:41 -0500
Wheels rolling towards the UP in a couple hours. Almost all packed and just
needing to shower and change. Just need to throw fresh clothes in my go bag
which will only take a minute.

The camera bags situation is rather interesting. I'm proud to say that I
managed to stick to my guns. Well, my wife gave me sufficient abuse when I
tried slipping off the wagon. Let's just say that it wasn't pretty. I lined
up all the digital cameras on the counter in the darkroom to prove that
they weren't going with me. On a related note, there are 42 rolls of film
in the cooler.

Here is the kit:

Tiny shoulder or belt bag with OM-3Ti, 35-80/2.8 zoom, Fuji 800 NPZ. Extra
space for keys, wallet, cellphone, GPS.

Canon Backpack with two OM-4T bodies with MD2 motordrives. 24/2.8, 50/1.4,
100/2, 200/4, 300/4.5. Sekonic L-508 meter. Filters, adapters, extension
tubes, reversing rings, cable-releases, pocket binoculars, MD batteries,
quick-release plates, lens tissue, spare camera batteries and nickel.
Business cards. Two small containers holding 8 rolls of film. Total weight
is 15 pounds.

I am taking both Manfrotto tripods and my little shoulder-stock dohicky. No
monopod and I'm leaving the rest of the baby tripod at home.

In my regular smallish camera bag I have all my chargers for cellphones,
iPads, AA batteries and MD batteries.

My primary bag is packed so neither body has a lens attached. Across the
bottom in their own holes are the 24, 50 and 100. In the middle is the 200.
Across the top is the 300. On each side are the OM bodies. This is the most
efficient bag I've had in many years. Everything fits in such a way I kinda
feel guilty. It seems like I should be stuffing something else in there,
but I've literally got everything I need in just ONE bag. The small OM-3Ti
kit is a self-contained go kit for handheld shots.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx