Re: [OM] UP Zuikofest - Monogamously Monochrome or not

Subject: Re: [OM] UP Zuikofest - Monogamously Monochrome or not
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 18:05:18 -0500
Well, it's going to be like old times. I stopped off at Christian
Photo in Des Moines today. Picked up a bunch of rolls of Velvia 50 for
an extremely good price. These days, Velvia isn't necessarily my go-to
film, but considering that it's fall color season for this trip, and
Velvia is the perfect film for these types of trees, I'm happy as a
clam.

As I was negotiating the price for this film (that's a first!), I was
able to get more and more for less and less. Wow. Let's just say that
it would be foolish for me to be shooting anything else.

So, now I've got a wad of Velvia 50, Plus-X, Neopan 400 and NPZ for
this trip. Maybe a stray roll of something else in there, but this is
my primary load of film. It was funny that the clerks were picking on
me today for the film purchase, but I could also see that they were
kinda jealous. In this day and age, not everybody can shoot film
anymore--especially something as extremely picky as Velvia 50. There's
no exposure margin to play with and no chimping.

Anyway, I'm happy.

BTW, Joel, I have some Provia and Velvia in medium format if you are interested.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx