[OM] Nathan's PAD 31/8/2012: looking for Ansel's tripod holes

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 31/8/2012: looking for Ansel's tripod holes
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 10:41:52 -0700
We spent the last two days in Yosemite, coming back to Oakland late last night.
It was a fantastic place. No photographs I have seen, not even those by The
Master himself, can be compared to seeing the place "live". So unsurprisingly,
there are three pictures for yesterday, as a small "amuse-bouche" for the
gallery to come once I have finished editing the many pictures.

We started the day by driving from our hotel near the Arch Rock entrance to
Glacier Point. Along the way, we stopped at Tunnel View and were awed:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2060446957&k=P4h3rWh&lb=1&s=O

Afterwards we drove back to Yosemite Valley and hiked up to the top of Vernal
Fall, where our efforts were thusly rewarded:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2060447003&k=L3XnHCn&lb=1&s=O

We finished the day looking at the giant sequoia trees at Mariposa Grove. These
trees are incredible--and difficult to photograph unless one has a real wide
lens. I chose this, uprooted, specimen. The boy is included purely for scale:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2060476716&k=fwctnbf&lb=1&s=O

This was my first-ever visit to Yosemite, but definitely not the last.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain