Re: [OM] Mount Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Mount Olympus
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 13:57:37 -0700
Thanks for all the comments.  Mike, I believe you're right that it is
actually Mt. Carrie.  I've renamed the image on flickr.  Chuck and Joel,
thanks for the tips on the blue haze.  After staring it it for a long
enough, it had looked right when I posted it. I made a very subtle curve
change and warmed it up a bit.

Improved version:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/OlympicNP081212/P1070084best-cc-copyr.JPG.html>
Original:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/OlympicNP081212/P1070084copyr.jpg.html>

-Peter

 > Mt Carie I think... I can see it from here. Mt. Olympus is a couple
of valleys farther west. You may be able to see the top peeking over the
Bailey Range (of which Mt Carie is a part) from the higher spots along
Hurricane Ridge. That's the Elwha Valley directly below where they are
in the process of dam breaching and restoration. Perhaps someday the
45kg salmon will return

 > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elwha_Dam>
 > <http://www.nps.gov/olym/photosmultimedia/elwha-river-webcams.htm>
 >

 > The blue haze is smoke from Asia. It has been thick. I thought there
was a forest fire in the Olympics but it is Asian smoke. And they want
to ship freighter loads of our coal to china...