[OM] E-M5 in Venice--****warning thread drift***

Subject: [OM] E-M5 in Venice--****warning thread drift***
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 12:40:05 -0400 (EDT)
Piers writes:
>>Aetiology is obvious - it's to minimise the space required to
accommodate them
>>and thus reduce the risk of them getting crushed between the thighs!

I like that theory--certain common sense practicality.

I did not mention that ancient Greeks typically very astute observers
of human anatomy got it balled up.
Dr. McManus (London) studied 187 ancient Greek sculptures--majority got
the dominant left hang correct but made the left testicle
larger--likely they assumed it was heavier and larger and thus hung
lower--that is NOT
correct. (at least for about 65% of males) Dr. McManus landmark study
lay ignored/unread/unappreciated until 2002 when he received an Ig
Nobel prize in biology. Well deserved, IMO.

Left eyed, Left ahem, Mike
(reference available off-list upon request)