Re: [OM] Zuikofest - UP Style - available dates

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuikofest - UP Style - available dates
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 17:33:21 -0500
> I was hoping for a few months heads-up. Please try and arrange
> Zuikofests waaay in advance if at all possible.  :-((   A Moose visit
> is none too shabby a list event though.

OK, how is this for a heads-up: End of September/Beginning of October
of any year SOMEBODY from this list could be doing a road trip to the
UP. Game?

To assist our non-Americans, just pull up Google Earth on your
computer of choice and type in "copper harbor, mi" into the fly to
field. After it locates it, zoom out a bit to get your bearings. That
whole "ear" is referred to as "Copper Country". It actually extends
south and west a bit, but you get the idea. The Google Earth aerial
photos do a fair job of giving you an idea as to the terrain.

> I did have visions of  quality time with the Z. 30-80 or MD and could
> trade  a stint with Big Foot  and/or
> the only Mirex tilt-shift adapter in OM mount ever constructed.

As I've said many times, and I'll repeat it again. My camera bag is
wide open for anybody to use anything in it other than the loaded film
bodies. But I have enough spares to even provide loaners to whomever.
The Moose wouldn't even have to bring a single OM body or lens.

> I DO have a new bit of OM gear only very very rarely mentioned (in
> hushed tones) on the list.  Some may question the veracity of its very
> existence.  It may have been constructed here:

The only item that comes to mind would be the 24-40 F4 lens. I might
be willing to trade my next offspring for that one.

We are planning a family vacation this winter to Colorado. We're
looking at spending a few days around the dunes again.

AG
--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx