Re: [OM] Oh dear, someone doesn't understand film

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh dear, someone doesn't understand film
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 08:42:50 -0700

> > Ebay item
> >
> > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/%20290745611621
> >
> > Note the pictures. At least it's in great shape cosmetically.
> >
>    Oh wow! Well it would make a nice museum piece.

    This thread reminds me of an episode of "Fractured Flickers", a late
afternoon TV show of many years ago that was hosted by Hans Conried.  The
show consisted mostly of dubbed silent films, one of which was "The
Hunchback of Notre Dame" that had Quasimodo (sp?) cheering for the football
team from the spire of Notre Dame.

    Anyway.  In one episode Hans Conried was interviewing a film collector
and historian who had come across an undeveloped reel of movie film from the
1920's that was in one of those large 15" or so film reel canisters.
Conried reached for it and the canister came apart, scattering the
undeveloped film all over the set.  The collector started crying and Conried
moved on to the next piece of dubbed film.

Chris