[OM] PESO: SNAFU in the tank

Subject: [OM] PESO: SNAFU in the tank
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 23:23:12 +0200
The other day I developed a roll of MF film I had shot the weekend before. I
used some ID11+ that was about 6 months old, i.e. at the limit of the
manufacturer's keeping recommendations. Also, the temperature of the liquid was
about 28C, and the tap water was even warmer--yes, it is hot in Alicante in
August. So, doing the math, I decided on 6 minutes. I thought there was enough
developer left in the bottle, and when I was hanging the negatives to dry, I
could see that they looked fine and there were some interesting clouds, too.
But once I scanned them and looked at the "clouds", it became apparent that
they are merely an artifact due to the developer not covering the top 1/4 of
the film. Some of the images are salvageable by cropping, but most are not.
Lesson learned: do not be lazy, if there is not enough soup left, mix some more!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/belgiangator/misc/Acros_2012_7_001.jpg.html

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman