[OM] OT: One of You, Over Here

Subject: [OM] OT: One of You, Over Here
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 19:41:29 +0100
I feel that I must say how good an ambassador one Michael Johnson is for
Americans.  His dry, straightforward and humorous commentary ("summarising")
for a lot of the athletics in the Olympics is very refreshing.  He is a great
balance for the British commentators.

It was very amusing to see his joining in the antics in the commentary box when
Mo Farah was winning the Men's 10k Finals: 4 commentators jumping about in
excitement as this young chap just pulled away from the field in the final lap.
 It was a magic moment on the track, complemented by the excitement elsewhere.
I don't care if the commentators' bit was setup as it summarised how most Brits
(I think) felt about the race.

Oh, and John McEnroe seems like a jolly decent chap now; he's quite different
from the spoiled brat who screamed his way through tennis games decades ago.

Thanks

Chris