Re: [OM] (OM) Responses in this forum

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Responses in this forum
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 13:31:35 -0500
> I'd be interested to hear your opinion on G+, Ken.

I'm still landing over there. The biggest issue with G+, particularily
using the Android or IOS apps is that it is too clean. Being so clean,
you are kinda thinking that it is too simplified. However, using a
browser, you can tell that there is a whole lot more to it.

Google+ is far superior for the following reasons:

1. Image handling. Simply outstanding.

2. Circles. Facebook is playing around with variations of this theme,
but I really like Google's implementation.

3. Hangouts. The hangouts rock. Especially when you use the
video/audio conferencing capabilities.

4. Google app tie-ins. There is a lot there which we haven't even
figured out, yet. Google kinda slides the pizzas under the door for
you and the only way you know it is there is if you happen to smell
the pepperoni.

5. Privacy settings. Let's just say that Google understands. They
don't always get it right, but they do understand. There is definitely
a sense that Google respects the user.

I'm pretty well hook-line-sinker'd into Google's little universe. When
we had the tornado and lost not only our Internet connection, but our
cellphone connection, we weren't sure how to communicate or know what
was on the schedule or how to transfer files. It was horrible.

But, anyway, as to how Google+ would benefit us, as we share images
with each other, this might be the most efficient and practical way to
do it. We also have the Hangout function which could be interesting.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx