Re: [OM] One thing to say about the E-5

Subject: Re: [OM] One thing to say about the E-5
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 09:21:34 -0500
On Thu, Aug 2, 2012, at 05:36 AM, Dawid Loubser wrote:
> People forget what an incredible accomplishment this is, and I respect
> the Olympus engineers (software and optical) for it. They took very
> limited resources, and performed magic with it.
>
> The spirit of Maitani lives!

Could not agree more.

I enjoy shooting with the E-410 still for its smallness and the quality
of the kit zooms, but it is not what the E-620 (bastard kin of the E-5)
is.

Having been on the track since the E-1 with three other SLRs between it
and the 620, I fail to see how the E-system was ever derailed, as people
seem to imply sometimes.  It seems not to have been what other people
wanted along the way with other choices available, but it got us from
the E-1 to the E-5 and OM-D in the shortest possible distance, if you
think about it.

Joel W.